By using our website or accessing any services which we offer including for example by making an enquiry about our products and service, you agree to be bound by this Policy in respect of the information collected about you.
We are J Long & Sons (Haulage) Ltd trading as Longs of Leeds. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 704013 and have our registered office at; Sandleas Way, Cross Gates, Leeds LS15 8AW
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data about you will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR 2018 J Long & Sons (Haulage) Ltd is the data controller of any personal data which you may provide to us or which we may collect from third parties about you and/or which we may collect when you access our website. We are committed to complying with data protection laws and to respecting the privacy rights of individuals.
We will comply with the requirements of all relevant data protection legislation in force from time to time. We take data protection compliance very seriously and have a number of policies in place to ensure that we comply with our obligations.
In particular you may request a copy of any personal data held by us about you upon written application. If you believe that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us immediately. Any information found to be incorrect will be corrected promptly.
How we collect personal information about you
We may collect and process personal data about you including, but not limited to, information you provide:
- when you contact us in person, on our website, over the telephone, by e-mail or by post
- at the time of entering into a working contract with us
- at the time of purchasing options and extras from us
- during the course of purchasing any products or services from us
Why will we process your personal information and how will we us it?
We may use your personal data to:
- ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device
- verify your identity
- process and manage your purchase of any product or service from us and provide after sales services where applicable
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- notify you about changes to our services
- contact you about new products and services if you have expressly consented to us that you agree to be contacted in this way. If you initially wish for us to use your personal data in this way, but you change your mind later you can withdraw your consent at any time
Who may we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our contracts with you; or to protect our rights, property, or our safety and/or the safety of our customers, or others.
We may also disclose your information to our suppliers and contractors to provide information to you on our behalf and/or in order to fulfil our contracts with you.
We will share your personal information with suppliers of services to fulfil a contact with you.
Where do we store your information?
The personal information that we collect from you will be stored as stipulated within the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us on our website or by e-mail; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Changes to this Policy
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on our website and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.